Sunday, January 31, 2010

Growing...

I suck at updating this but I thought if anyone still checks in I would try a few more times!

Aubrey is now 16 months old. We just had her check up and she is a whopping 19.5 lbs, 31 inches with a gigantic melon (according to the percentile charts!) Most would say she is on the small side...but that makes her easier to carry! She eats like a horse but is starting to realize that maybe she doesn't like everything -- all the time. Peas and beans are awesome one day and terrible the next, the same with chicken. But usually there is enough of something to give her a full belly. She is running and experimenting with walking on her tip toes. Loves to scream for no reason and when she throws a ball. Runs when you say "Go" - Gives Dad "bumps" - Wakes Andrew up in the morning with hugs and kisses - Runs to the door yelling "Mama or Daddddyy" depending on who is missing - Won't sleep without her "bibi" or blanket - Giggles when we laugh - Knows the names of most of the people in the family - tries to repeat what you say when you read her books - And still loves her Mama best!!!

Andrew doesn't seem to be growing to fast in height but his vocabulary and understanding of things it sky-rocketing! He is now telling me stories of how I should do things...and remembers that when he had his 4 yr check-up they told us that he would have to have a booster for the chicken pox (those red dots that you get on you that are itchy) and he thought that we should just do that the day that Aubrey was getting her shots so that he was ready. The plan changed when he saw how deep the second shot went into Aubrey's leg and the ticked off yell that Aubrey gave the nurse. Then he decided that he should just wait to get that booster and that he would rather have it in his wrist so that the poky thing couldn't go in so far. Loves school and his new friends - sings all kinds of funny songs but is really good at The Farmer in the Dell - Wants to go ice fishing so badly he talks about it everyday - protects his little sister from other people - calls her sweetie pie and cutie - also yells at her "no hit" and "you can't do that you are too little" - he drives me crazy and amazes me all at the same time. I started a chart for him last week regarding the things that we argue about constantly -- brushing teeth, eating supper, getting dressed, picking up and screaming "no"...the intention was that he would see all of the sad faces going on the chart and work harder to not do those things so often...I think it taught me a bigger lesson -- there were lots more happy faces than sad faces -- he really is a good boy, I just need to give him a chance!


Mark and I are still working the same jobs - trying to support the family the best we can and still have some fun while we are doing it. I can tell that the long hours are wearing on Mark and that he is really in need of a break (which he will get the end of February when he goes out west for a week). I on the other hand -- can't wait til I have more work to do! It has been a slow January and I am looking forward to a busy February!!


Here are some current pics to show you how much the kiddos have grown!!



No comments:

Post a Comment