Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Birthdays...

Well my baby is now 1 year old and I do have to admit that it was a difficult week leading up to that day...but as usual, I was a freak about nothing! It was just a wonderful day and I finally accepted that she is growing up and I really do want to enjoy every minute of that as it comes! She broke her first tooth out on September 21st...and the second one made its showing on her birthday!
I just deleted everything I wrote the first time and I am not happy about it....so bullets this time
* Hi and Bye to the toy phone Sept 20th...words are starting!!
*17.3 lbs (5th percentile) and 29.5 inches (50th percentile)
*almost walking...running with your hands and standing in the middle of the floor
*finally laughing at tons of things...personality took a little bit to develop
*loves to dive into pillows and laugh
*thinks Andrew is the funniest person in the world and Mark follows shortly behind
*still loves Mommy over Daddy (hope that one lasts!)
Andrew...is now 4 years old...I can't believe that my first baby is in preschool!
The first day he was pushing me out of the room...ready to rock and roll and then the second day I had to pry him off my leg. We have now gotten into a routine and he is pretty happy to go to school and play with his friends. He even started telling me about the things they do there without tons of prodding and questions! Such a big boy every morning I walk him in and take him to his classroom but as soon as I stop the car...he is unbuckling his seat and saying...see you later mom...as if I could possibly let him go in by himself and not get the hug that holds me off til I get home!!
He was able to celebrate his birthday with Maddie, Gramma Ronnie and Erich the end of August and again with Mark's family while we were on vacation over his birthday. He had a blast fishing with Dad and playing with Alyssa even tho she didn't want to fish with him! He was sporting his Adrian Peterson jersey from Uncle Scott yesterday with lots of pride!
He is now writing his name and getting more interested in learning what the letters are....not just saying the alphabet...also working on his drawing, coloring and cutting skills is going really well. I can tell he is even more interested in books - amazing what a little peer encouragement can do!
That's that...Mark and I are pretty much the same...working hard and trying to enjoy the kids as we go along!

No comments:

Post a Comment