I think I made a big mistake about 10 months ago when I confided in a co-worker that I really hadn't experienced much cancer in my life -- we survived Mark's mom's surgery and chemo and that seems like such a distant time and I watched the struggles that my cousin and her husband have been thru with his family -- and more of that recently too...I wish I never would have said that.
Now...in a matter of 48 hours I have found out that 2 people very close to me are expecting to have surgery in the next few weeks and then probably some chemo to follow that. Not to mention Dale (from Mark's family and the dad of a classmate) who has been diagnosed with colon cancer in the last 6 months. Now it is right in my back door
Mom will be having surgery on April 27th to remove a mass in her stomach that has "pre-cancerous" cells...they say this is good -- encapsulated and small shouldn't be a big deal. i will breathe easier when the surgery is done and they know for sure. My friend Rachel is also dealing with the same type of thing related to her thyroid...her surgery is on May 8th. Prayers and good thoughts. I have to keep telling myself that this will all work out the way that it is supposed to - my only question is -- how is it supposed to? I am not good with waiting games.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I totally agree! My grandpa passed away from pancreatic cancer and it seems like everyone we talk to is affected by it some way or another. How is Sharon doing? I know Bill liked being on her floor when he went into the hospital but the nurses on the 4th floor sucked! Hope all is well. I will be thinking about your mom and your family this week. I was also surprised to see Bruce at Hillcrest (my grandpa is out there now) and heard he has ALS. Prayers are with you guys. Please keep us posted!
ReplyDelete