So -- we have spent the last 3 weeks battling illness after illness in this house. Can you fumigate for that kind of thing? The little boy at daycare started it three weeks ago this Tuesday...threw up all over around 1pm. My mom had to go pick the kids up in the wagon. Not just any wagon but the old green metal wagon with the rusty wheels and crooked handle. I am sure that it looked somewhat ghetto with Aubrey in her carseat and Andrew holding on for dear life while she pulled them the 7 or 8 blocks to her house. Luckily it was that one day that the weather was really nice! A week later Aubrey was puking on me at midnight...dry heaves and everything. No work Thursday or Friday that week. Andrew also started to run a low grade fever that afternoon but seemed to be fine -- played thru it and everything. Aubrey recovered in a day but Andrew continued to run the fever til Sunday. By Monday he had sores in his mouth and we decided that he had hand, foot and mouth disease by conversations with the nurse. Mark started throwing up Sunday night and through the day on Monday. Andrew was better Tuesday and Wednesday other than the sore mouth that made it tough to eat....then I got sick on Wednesday night and Andrew woke up on Thursday with 101.6 for a fever...we laid in bed all day and watch a lot of PBS kids.
Finally today I thought we had broken thru -- as my mom said he was 'cool as a cucumber'...til tonight. 99 -100 fever! UUUUGGGGHHHH will it ever be over? I hinted very strongly last night to my mom how I needed to go to work today --- I desperatly needed to get out of the house! Lucky for me she offered and I never had to ask! She still loves me! And while she was here she was amazing and cleaned the house...did laundry...baked cookies...and did the dishes...you know all of those things that I should be doing when my kids take naps. I am still stuck in that - sleep when the baby sleeps phase. I am not sure that is helping my household very much these days!
Blondie called tonight - she and Mike are home for a fly by visit for a birthday party for her Uncle Herbie tonight...still trying to decide if a few drinks will help me maintain health for the next week or if it might not be such a good idea...
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i've heard that vodka can cure most illnesses...if nothing else, it can numb any ailments you're currently feeling. :)
ReplyDeletelove,
Nurse Jacy