So -- as I am attempting to clean out my office today to prepare for my return to work, I was hit with reality. The reality that I am going to have to go back to work. Back to the only seeing my babies for a few hours in the morning and a few hours in the evening. The rush of trying to play with them while organizing the rest of our lives and getting them in the bathtub...I am sad. I don't want to have that time come yet. Then I realized -- there are about a million things that I was going to do before I went back to work. Things like get all of the appliances checked out on that warranty that we paid for because I was supposed to call and cancel it and never did -- like get pics taken of our beautiful babies --- paint the office -- and clean the office --- and sort thru Gramma Mary's recipes so that I can share them with the family. It seems that I have burnt thru 6 weeks of vacation and succeeded in not getting one thing done from my list of things to do.
But I have enjoyed my time with the kids, even if I have threatened pulling out my hair! I realize now, that even those times of frustration will be missed when I have to be back in the real world!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
oh man! shucks!! keep buying those lottery tix...perhaps you'll NEVER have to go back to work!
ReplyDelete